What will you do?
This is a full-time position within our R&D group. In coordination with other developers and under the direction of the Research Scientist/Principal Investigator, the Research Software Engineer will be developing both new and existing features and modules within our applications. Responsibilities include:
- C++ application development
- User interface design and development
- Application troubleshooting/debugging
- Preparation of documentation
- Installation development
- Integration of newly developed research features into mainstream code
- Active collaboration with senior scientists on research projects and publications
- Automated results generation/analyses
- System administration and maintenance for local workstations and servers
- Development of new medical imaging algorithms
- Optimization of code performance
Who are we looking for?
Competitive candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited 4-yr university.
Experience requirements include:
- Proficiency in C++ programming (a C++ competency test will be administered)
- Proficiency in mathematics and 3D geometry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in image processing, interactive imaging applications and/or computer vision
- Experience in Graphical User Interface development
- Basic system administration skills (Windows, Linux and/or Mac OS X).
- 4+ years of programming experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our preferred candidate would also have experience with Nokia (Trolltech) Qt, technologies specific to the medical field (e.g. DICOM), 3D visualization, 3D imaging processing, OpenGL or similar, Perforce or other source control tools, and demonstrated experience and interest in the health-related sciences.
What do you get out of it?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package (including excellent medical, dental, & vision benefits, flex spending accounts, retirement benefits and generous paid time off), a relaxed working environment with a bunch of smart people, and flexible hours.
How do you apply? (this is the job for you)
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and a code sample to: