What will you do?
The Department of Medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is currently seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Scientist to join the Innovation in Imaging team. As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will work under the supervision and mentorship of Piotr Slomka, PhD, Director, Innovation in Imaging and Principal Investigator, as part of a medical imaging research and software development team within the Department of Medicine. You will participate in all aspects of the designated study, which aims to optimize the measurement of disease activity in coronary atherosclerosis using integrated 18F-NaF PET/CTA imaging. Duties include development and implementation of new research techniques and protocols, analysis and interpretation of data, and participation in publications and presentations as an author or co-author to support the objectives of the NIH research project. You will work independently, but in close cooperation and consultation with the Mentor/Principal Investigator and other scientists, programmers and physicians. Responsibilities include:
- Design and execute established research projects to support the NIH project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
- Develop and test new image processing and software methods.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of new research techniques and protocols through scientific literature review and scientific meeting attendance.
- Present research results at scientific meetings.
- Publish results in peer-reviewed journals as author and co-author.
- Perform clinical validation of the study.
- Contribute to preparation of new grant proposals/studies as needed.
Who are we looking for?
This position requires a PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Experience requirements include:
- Proficiency in C++ programming.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency in mathematics and 3D geometry.
- Experience in image processing, interactive imaging applications and/or computer vision.
- Basic system administration skills.
- Four (4+) years of programming experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others; able to multitask.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
What do you get out of it?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package (including excellent medical, dental, & vision benefits, flex spending accounts, retirement benefits and generous paid time off), a relaxed working environment with a bunch of smart people, and flexible hours.
How do you apply? (this is the job for you)
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to: